Saturday, March 20, 2010

You can have all this world, just give me Jesus

"I need Thee, Oh I need Thee. Every hour I need Thee..."

I woke up with that hymn playing in my mind. It has become so absolutely essential to my heart to have time with Jesus in my day. I crave it. There is this constant I-need-more-of-Him feeling in my heart. And no matter how much I read or write about Him, it never seems enough. And the more I read about Him and find out more deeply what He wants for my life, the more I know that I will never ever reach that point that is "enough". I can never give "too much" service to Him or "too much" of my time to Him. Even if I gave my whole lifetime to Him, it wouldn't be enough.

And yet! It's such a wonderful, marvelous feeling! To know that I can never personally attain what I think is "enough" service to my God because it makes me want to continually serve and love and find out what it's like to live the way He always intended for me to live... loving others and being in love with Him! To carry on His work in this world, bringing others to see their need for Him so that He is glorified. He is worthy of all praise in the universe! Glory hallelujah, our God is so GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment