Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh Canada!

I'm here! I actually arrived on Monday afternoon, February 1st. My first couple days were a whirlwind of excitement and craziness. I met a bunch of awesome people I'll be working with at The Hub, Mercy House, and PLAYzone! I also received grand tours of said places.

Tonight was my first night working at The Hub. We had Supper Club. It's a program on Wednesdays that involves youth in the kitchen to make their own meal. It's headed up by a wonderful lady named Natalie who has the most wonderful French accent I've ever heard! I had such a wonderful time getting to know the kids that came! After dinner we watched a movie together as well. Dinner and a movie night, does that sound fun or what? What a blast! I'm looking forward to seeing how God works in these kids.

Tomorrow is my first day working at PLAYzone - the daycare program for kids in the community. I'm really looking forward to that!

On another note, there is another exciting thing happening here that I have to share! The very day I arrived Jodi was bubbling with excitement because she just came out of a meeting with the owner of Bradford Manor, a housing complex of sorts next to the Connection Center (where the Hub and PLAYzone are located). Jodi and Patti and others have been praying that the Lord would open up a way for them to be able to more effectively minister to the people there. During the meeting, the owner of the Manor was talking about leasing out the place to CrossTrainers and letting them run it! Please keep this all in prayer! We are very excited to see how God will work. Not only in the lives of the residents there, but also in the lives of future residents, and the owner as well.

Keep those prayers coming! Your support and encouragement is felt every day. I truly mean that. God is at work here. I can't wait to see what He'll do!

No comments:

Post a Comment